Interdivisional Registration


During the fall and spring semesters, degree-seeking students in the School of Education may register for courses in another school at Johns Hopkins University by submitting a Registration Form (downloadable at with the host school’s course and section number. This form may be submitted in person, by fax at 410-516-9817, or by mail to:

Office of the Registrar
Johns Hopkins University
School of Education
6740 Alexander Bell Drive, Suite 180
Columbia, MD 21046-2100

The SOE student’s faculty adviser must approve the interdivisional registration and documentation of the approval should be attached to the Registration Form. Payment for the course should be included with the Registration Form. All appropriate approval signatures from the School of Education must be obtained before the registration can be processed. SOE students pay the per-credit rate of the school offering the course. Graduate Special Students (Non-Degree) in the School of Education are not permitted to register interdivisionally.

Students from other divisions (except the schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering) of the University may take courses offered by the School of Education by completing the Interdivisional Registration Form, including all appropriate signatures from their home school and from the School of Education, and submitting it to their home school Registrar for processing. Students in Arts and Sciences and Engineering programs should use the Supplemental Registration Form, available from the Homewood Registrar’s Office, which requires the permission of their faculty adviser and the SOE Vice Dean for Academic Affairs (or designee). School of Education students have priority in registering for School of Education courses. All interdivisional students must abide by School of Education policies, procedures, and deadlines. All published prerequisites for the course must be met prior to enrollment.

Students from the Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences (other than those in Advanced Academic Programs), Whiting School of Engineering (other than those in Engineering for Professionals), Bloomberg School of Public Health, School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, and the Peabody Institute should follow the same registration procedures for summer as for fall and spring, with the exception that payment for the summer course needs to accompany the registration. Students from Advanced Academic Programs in the Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and Engineering for Professionals in the Whiting School of Engineering register and pay for summer courses as they do for fall and spring courses (through their home school’s Registrar’s Office). For more information, students should contact the Office of the Registrar at 410-516-9816.