During the fall and spring semesters, qualified, degree-seeking students in the Johns Hopkins School of Education may register for courses at another division at Johns Hopkins University.

School of Education Students

Interdivisional registration can be done by submitting a Registration Form with the home school’s course and section number.

The School of Education student’s faculty adviser must approve the interdivisional registration. Documentation of the approval should accompany the Registration Form. All appropriate approval signatures from the School of Education must be obtained before the registration can be processed.

School of Education students pay the per-credit rate of the school offering the course. Graduate Special Students (Non-Degree) in the School of Education are not permitted to register interdivisionally.

Students from Other Schools

Students from other divisions (except the schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering) of the University may take courses offered by the School of Education by completing the Interdivisional Registration Form, including all appropriate signatures from their home school and from the School of Education, and submitting it to their home school Registrar for processing.

Students in Arts and Sciences and Engineering programs should use the Supplemental Registration Form, available from the Homewood Registrar’s Office, which requires the permission of their faculty adviser and the School of Education Vice Dean for Academic Affairs (or designee).

School of Education students have priority in registering for School of Education courses. All interdivisional students must abide by School of Education policies, procedures, and deadlines. All published prerequisites for the course must be met prior to enrollment.

Students from the Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences (other than those in Advanced Academic Programs), Whiting School of Engineering (other than those in Engineering for Professionals), Bloomberg School of Public Health, School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, and the Peabody Institute should follow the same registration procedures for summer as for fall and spring, with the exception that payment for the summer course needs to accompany the registration. Students from Advanced Academic Programs in the Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and Engineering for Professionals in the Whiting School of Engineering register and pay for summer courses as they do for fall and spring courses (through their home school’s Registrar’s Office).

Need help with registration?