How to change programs within the Johns Hopkins School of Education.

Please note that students seeking to change programs are not automatically admitted to the new program. Their requests must be approved by the appropriate person(s) and the decision communicated directly to the student. Additionally, financial aid recipients must notify the Financial Aid Office when changing a degree or certificate program through SEAM’s online form.

Changing Programs Within Your Program Area

Students who have been admitted to a degree or certificate program, and who wish to change to another degree or certificate program within the same program area must request the change to be approved by their academic adviser and faculty program lead. 

Changing Programs Outside Your Program Area

If a student wishes to change to another degree or certificate program outside the program area in which the original offer of admission was granted, they must contact the Office of Admissions [link: 3.0 Admissions] for further instructions. A change of program may require submission of a new application form and additional admissions materials not required as part of the original application (for example, a writing sample may now be required).

Need help changing programs?