Changing Programs

Students who have been admitted to a degree or certificate program, and who wish to change to another degree or certificate program within the same program area must request the change to be approved by their academic advisor and faculty program lead. Please click here for a listing of contacts by academic program.

If a student wishes to change to another degree or certificate program outside the program area in which the original offer of admission was granted, s/he must contact the Office of Admissions for further instructions. A change of program may require submission of a new application form and additional admissions materials not required as part of the original application (for example, a writing sample may now be required).

Students seeking to change programs are not automatically admitted to a new program; their requests must be approved by the appropriate person(s) and the decision communicated directly to the student. Financial aid recipients must notify the Office of Financial Aid when changing a degree or certificate program.

Contact Us

We hope that you’ll find the answers to many of your questions on this site.  However, please feel free to contact us if you need any additional information.

Office of the Registrar
Johns Hopkins University
School of Education
6740 Alexander Bell Drive | Suite 180
Columbia, MD 21046-2249
Phone: 410-516-9816
Fax: 410-516-9817