Transcripts & Records

Requests for official transcripts must be submitted online through National Student Clearinghouse at

Official Grade Reports

Once grades have been submitted by instructors, you have two ways to access your official grade reports:

  • SIS Self-Service: Reports are available as soon as they are submitted to the system.
  • SEAM’s Online Form: Indicate the semester for which you are requesting grades, and the report will be mailed to the home address we have on file. This report is not available by telephone or personal inquiry.

Official Electronic Transcript Request

Electronic PDF transcripts can be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse. The electronic option is available under the “Delivery Method.” It’s a secure alternative to the traditional paper which will be delivered via email. The retrieval link will expire after 30 days. The fee for this service is $3.50 per request.

Please not that electronic transcripts sent to a recipient other than the student/graduate are considered official upon delivery, but become unofficial if passed on to another recipient.

AMCAS & LSAC Applicants

The AAMC’s American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) and the Law School Admission Council now accept electronic transcripts from approved senders. Johns Hopkins University is an approved sender.

Official Paper Transcript Request

If you are requesting a transcript for a third-party agency that requires a hard copy official transcript, please submit a help case using SEAM’s online form and include/attach a Transcript Request form along with a copy of your photo ID. In your case description, please state that you need a paper copy mailed because the recipient will not accept an electronic official transcript.   Once these items are received, your request will be processed and the transcript will be mailed within five business days.

To order online, visit Clearinghouse’s website, where you will be walked through your options for ordering up to five transcripts per online session.

Situations that will prevent our office from issuing a transcript, grade report, or requests for verification:

  • No signature on form or no copy of photo ID included with request
  • Lack of acceptable form of ID. Acceptable forms of ID include: A copy of driver’s license, passport, or school ID
  • Financial hold or outstanding obligations to Student Accounts or Student Loans
  • Insufficient payment for special services

Please note the following policies regarding transcripts:

  • Photocopies of transcripts from other domestic educational institutions will not be made available to you. These documents are submitted specifically for consideration of admission and cannot be made available for any other use.
  • Your transcript will not be released without your signed authorization.
  • Requests to inspect and/or receive copies of documents (other than transcripts from previous institutions and confidential letters of recommendation) maintained in your academic record may be submitted under the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (commonly known as FERPA), as amended. Each October, the University publishes its policy on family educational rights and privacy.
  • Requests for inspection of academic records must be submitted through SEAM’s online form.

Contact Us

We hope that you’ll find the answers to many of your questions on this site.  However, please feel free to contact us if you need any additional information.

Office of the Registrar
Johns Hopkins University
School of Education, Education Building
Office of the Registrar
2800 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Request support through
SEAM’s online form.