Transcripts and Records
GRADES AND TRANSCRIPTS
Once grades have been submitted by instructors, students have two ways to access their official grade reports.
The first is via the SIS system, where reports are available as soon as they are submitted to the system. Students may also request an official grade report by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the semester for which you are requesting grades, and the report will be mailed to the home address we have on file. This report is not available by telephone or personal inquiry.
Official Electronic Transcript Request:
Electronic transcripts can be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse. This is a secure electronic alternative to the traditional paper transcript that will be delivered in a PDF format via email. The fee for this service is $3.25 per request. To order online, visit the Clearinghouse’s website, where you will be walked through your options for ordering an electronic transcript. Order updates will be emailed to you and you can also check the status or history of your orders online via the Clearinghouse.
The electronic (PDF) delivery option is available under the “Delivery Method.” This option allows you to send a single secure electronic transcript to a recipient.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This option is available for students who attended after December 1999 and is only available via online ordering. Electronic transcripts sent to a recipient other than the student/graduate are considered OFFICIAL upon delivery, but become UNOFFICIAL if passed on to another recipient.
Official Paper Transcript Request:
Transcripts can be ordered either online through the National Student Clearinghouse or through the SOE’s Registrar’s office.
To order online, visit the Clearinghouse’s website, where you will be walked through your options for ordering up to five transcripts per online session.
Students can order through the SOE in person or by mail. A maximum of five transcripts are available in person or by mail, with a $5 fee per additional transcript after that. To order, print and fill out a Transcript Request form. These can be dropped off at any campus center for processing, with same-day service available at the Columbia Center between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. for a fee of $10. Note: FedEx delivery is NOT available to P.O. Boxes or P.O. Zip Codes
To receive your transcripts by mail, send the signed form along with a copy of your ID and payment (if requesting more than five copies) to:
Office of the Registrar
Johns Hopkins University School of Education
6740 Alexander Bell Drive, Suite 110
Columbia, MD 21046
Please note the following policies regarding transcripts:
- Photocopies of transcripts from other domestic educational institutions will not be made available to you. These documents are submitted specifically for consideration of admission and cannot be made available for any other use.
- You must request transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities directly from those institutions. Requests for photocopies of transcripts from international educational institutions, however, will be considered due to the difficulty of obtaining those documents directly.
- Your transcript will not be released without your signed authorization. Also, transcripts and grades are not issued for you if you have an outstanding financial obligation to the university.
- Requests to inspect and/or receive copies of documents (other than transcripts from previous institutions and confidential letters of recommendation) maintained in your academic record may be submitted under the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (commonly known as FERPA), as amended. Each October, the university publishes its policy on family educational rights and privacy in the Gazette. Copies of this policy can be obtained by calling the Registrar’s Office at 410-516-9816410-516-9816.
- Requests for inspection of academic records must be submitted to the registrar. The request must be submitted in writing with an original signature to Registrar, Johns Hopkins University, School of Education, 6740 Alexander Bell Drive, Suite 110, Columbia, MD 21046. Faxed requests will not be honored. For further information or questions, contact the Registrar’s Office at 410-516-9816410-516-9816.
We hope that you’ll find the answers to many of your questions on this site. However, please feel free to contact us if you need any additional information.
Office of the Registrar
Johns Hopkins University
School of Education
6740 Alexander Bell Drive | Suite 110
Columbia, MD 21046-2249