Requests for official transcripts must be submitted online through National Student Clearinghouse at

Official Grade Reports

Once grades have been submitted by instructors, you can access your official grade report in the Student Information System (SIS) by selecting the “Registration” menu and then “My Grades.”

For additional grade report questions, please submit a help ticket to The Office of Student Enrollment and Account Management (SEAM).

Official Electronic Transcript Request

Electronic PDF transcripts can be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse. The electronic option is available under the “Delivery Method.” It’s a secure alternative to the traditional paper which will be delivered via email. The retrieval link will expire after 30 days. The fee for this service is $3.50 per request.

Please note that electronic transcripts sent to a recipient other than the student/graduate are considered official upon delivery, but become unofficial if passed on to another recipient.

AMCAS & LSAC Applicants

The  Association of American Medical Colleges’s American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) and the Law School Admission Council (LSAC®) now accept electronic transcripts from approved senders. Johns Hopkins University is an approved sender.

Official Paper Transcript Request

If you are requesting a transcript for a third-party agency that requires a hard copy official transcript, please submit a help case using SEAM’s online form and include/attach a completed Transcript Request form along with a copy of your photo ID. In your case description, please state that you need a paper copy mailed because the recipient will not accept an electronic official transcript. Once these items are received, your request will be processed and the transcript will be mailed within five business days.

To order online, visit National Student Clearinghouse’s website, where you will be walked through your options for ordering up to five transcripts per online session.

Please note the following policies regarding transcripts:

  • Photocopies of transcripts from other domestic educational institutions will not be made available to you. These documents are submitted specifically for consideration of admission and cannot be made available for any other use.
  • Your transcript will not be released without your signed authorization.
  • Requests to inspect and/or receive copies of documents (other than transcripts from previous institutions and confidential letters of recommendation) maintained in your academic record may be submitted under the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (commonly known as FERPA), as amended. Each October, the University publishes its policy on family educational rights and privacy.
  • Requests for inspection of academic records must be submitted through SEAM’s online form.

Need help with a transcript?