COVID-19 Student Updates
Page Updated: 9/11/2020, 2 p.m.
In light of the evolving COVID-19 situation, we want to assure you that your health and well-being is our first priority. We remind you to follow guidance shared by the University regarding travel, personal health, and other topics.
Please reach out to your instructors or Teri Murray, our director of student affairs, at email@example.com, or call 410-516-5430, if you need assistance.
SOE 2020 Academic Schedule and Classes
All academic offerings will be offered in an online format this fall, with the exception of some field experiences or clinical practicums.
- Students’ fall course schedules are available for review in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Our plans may need to change at any time before or during the semester if the public health situation demands it.
- Classes are scheduled to begin August 31 and end December 21. No abbreviated semester schedule is planned.
- Courses will be offered in an online format. Students engaged with outside entities, such as schools or agencies, for professional experiences or clinical practicums will need to consult with their respective programs for guidance on interactions at these sites.
- Please note that for all online classes that are listed with day and time, students will be expected to participate virtually at that day and time. If there is no day or time listed, students will be able to view the class at any time.
JHU reserves the right to make changes prior to, or during the course of a semester, including changing the modality of instruction, modifying the academic calendar, adding or dropping courses or programs, and altering or suspending JHU-provided student housing, services, access to facilities, activities and events or other resources. Any such changes may be applicable to all students, or a specified segment of students, enrolled at the time the change is adopted as well as to students who re-enroll after a period of absence.
SOE 2020 Financial Aid and Billing
- Renewal of financial aid packages have been emailed to all students last week. If you were expecting a financial aid package and did not receive one, contact the Financial Aid Office immediately.
- The billing date for fall semester charges has been moved to Monday, August 3, with a due date of Friday, August 28.
- Students whose financial situations have changed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, or who need additional support to complete their course work remotely, should contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Students who have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19 also may apply for a limited amount of short-term financial assistance through the Student Emergency Fund.
SOE 2020 Fall Registration
The change has been made to the start date of Fall 2020 registration. The new start date will be Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7 a.m. The only change is to the start date. Fall registration will continue to follow the other dates, as outlined in the 2020-2021 academic calendar. In addition to starting Fall registration earlier, the Dean has also asked us to make the following accommodations for all SOE students for the Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 terms:
- Financial holds will be lifted for those students who have outstanding balances of $500 or less so that more students can register for the summer and the fall without any delays.
- All late registration and late payment fees will be eliminated for both summer 2020 and fall 2020.
SOE 2020 Operations
Page Updated: 7/29/2020
New processes as a result of COVID-19:
Always have facemask and JHU ID when entering SOE buildings.
Facemask required on perimeter sidewalks and parking lot.
Social distancing required at all times while in the building.
Buildings will be set to off-hours cooling and heating when closed.
Changes in building operations:
If classes are held in person, students and faculty may come into the building for class and exit promptly when classes end.
Faculty and staff may visit the building for essential tasks and leave when finished. No general office work in the building.
No in-person advising, meetings, or events.
No lounge use or vending available.
SOE 2020 Student Disabilities Services
A message for students from Student Disabilities Services:
As of March 16, 2020, the SOE Student Disability Services office will be fully remote operations.
- Starting immediately, the best way to reach SDS will be by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 410-516-9734 (please leave a voicemail message as staff will be checking it on the hour during business hours from 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday).
- Intakes and any other appointments will be available by Zoom or phone and can be scheduled during business hours from 8:30am to 5pm.
SDS is continuing to work with registered SDS students to ensure that the transition to remote classes is effective. This process will involve many changes in a short amount of time and there are some things you can do to make sure your needs are addressed:
- SDS has been collaborating with instructional design staff in providing guidance around accommodations to those assisting with setting up the remote courses as well as to all faculty who currently have students using accommodations.
- With the move to remote course delivery, there may be a learning curve for new technologies as well as potential new challenges in delivering accommodations; please reach out to SDS to talk things through, report problems and let us know if you need additional accommodations or support.
NEW ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS:
Students may discover that accommodations are needed for the first time due to the change to remote classes. Please contact Jenny Eddinger at Jeddinger@jhu.edu or email@example.com to get started with the SDS registration process. Any appointments or meetings with the SDS office such as intake interviews will happen remotely or by phone. If you need additional support during this time, please do not hesitate to reach out so that SDS can assist you in sorting out any disability related concerns and connecting to appropriate local resources. You can also find resources and updated information on the university’s operations and response on our Hub COVID-19 Information Page We wish you all the best in the coming weeks! Johns Hopkins Student Disability Services.
SOE 2020 Services, Events, and Gatherings
SOE services, events, and gatherings
- All in-person university and third-party events, both on and off campus, are canceled through July 31, including tours, admissions events, athletics events, and alumni events.
- All university meetings and work activities, even those deemed essential, must be conducted remotely whenever possible, and no in-person meetings or activities may be held with more than 10 people (with limited exceptions, such as select types of clinical care).
- All recreation facilities and fields are closed until further notice.
- University and health system shuttles and buses continue to run on a modified scheduledue to a reduced number of riders, and additional schedule changes will take effect beginning Sunday, April 5.
SOE 2020 COVID-19 Communications
- Message from the Dean (8/31/2020)
- Message from the Dean (8/14/2020)
- Message from the Dean (7/15/2020)
- Message from the Dean (7/8/2020)
- Message from the Dean (6/11/2020)
- Message from the Dean (5/13/2020)
- Message from the Dean (4/9/2020)
- Message from the Dean (4/1/2020)
- Message from the Dean (3/27/2020)
- Message from the Dean (3/24/2020)
- Message from the Dean (3/18/2020)
- Message from the Dean (3/16/2020)
- Message from the Dean (3/13/2020)
- Message from the Dean (3/10/2020)
- Message from the Dean (3/9/2020)
Student Emergency Fund
SOE Student Suggestion Box
As we move forward as a community to address COVID-19-challenges and to plan for the Fall semester, please submit your suggestions, ideas, and/or thoughts about Fall classes. Your input is valuable and appreciated.
Director of Student Affairs
Assistant Director of Student Affairs