COVID-19 Student Updates
Page Updated: 1/8/2020, 3 p.m.
The School of Education will continue its academic offerings in a remote, online format through spring 2021. In light of the evolving COVID-19 situation, we want to assure you that your health and well-being is our first priority. We remind you to follow guidance shared by the University regarding travel, personal health, and other topics.
Please reach out to your instructors or Teri Murray, our director of student affairs, at email@example.com, or call 410-516-5430, if you need assistance.
SOE 2021 Academic Schedule and Classes
The School of Education will continue its academic offerings in a remote, online format through spring 2021. The university has modified its academic calendar to remove Spring Break due to public health concerns associated with travel. Classes start on January 25 as planned, but the weeklong Spring Break (March 22–28) will be replaced with five break days throughout the semester, as follows:
- Monday, March 22
- Tuesday, March 30
- Wednesday, April 14
- Thursday, April 22
- Friday, April 30
SOE 2021 Spring Registration
Spring 2021 registration is now open. Students should register as early as possible to ensure that their class is not closed or cancelled. Spring 2021 semester starts on January 25, 2021.
SOE 2021 Financial Aid and Billing
- The Financial Aid Office aims to make applying for financial aid as seamless as possible.
- For questions related to student eligibility, please visit our Financial Aid Fact Sheet. More information
SOE 2021 Campus Operations
- The School of Education buildings remain closed to widespread use. If you need to enter either building, please contact Campus Operations.
New processes as a result of COVID-19:
- All JHU affiliates who will be performing on-campus duties or activities must receive an influenza vaccination. More information
- Use the Prodensity app or website daily before coming to campus
- Always have facemask and JHU ID when entering any JHU buildings.
- Facemask required on perimeter sidewalks and parking lot.
- Social distancing required at all times while in the building.
SOE 2021 Student Disabilities Services
The SOE Student Disability Services office continues to be fully remote.
- Starting immediately, the best way to reach SDS will be by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 410-516-9734 (please leave a voicemail message as staff will be checking it on the hour during business hours from 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday).
- Intakes and any other appointments will be available by Zoom or phone and can be scheduled during business hours from 8:30am to 5pm.
SDS is continuing to work with registered SDS students to ensure that the transition to remote classes is effective. This process will involve many changes in a short amount of time and there are some things you can do to make sure your needs are addressed:
- SDS has been collaborating with instructional design staff in providing guidance around accommodations to those assisting with setting up the remote courses as well as to all faculty who currently have students using accommodations.
- With the move to remote course delivery, there may be a learning curve for new technologies as well as potential new challenges in delivering accommodations; please reach out to SDS to talk things through, report problems and let us know if you need additional accommodations or support.
Students may discover that accommodations are needed for the first time due to the change to remote classes. Please contact Jenny Eddinger at Jeddinger@jhu.edu or email@example.com to get started with the SDS registration process. Any appointments or meetings with the SDS office such as intake interviews will happen remotely or by phone. If you need additional support during this time, please do not hesitate to reach out so that SDS can assist you in sorting out any disability related concerns and connecting to appropriate local resources. You can also find resources and updated information on the university’s operations and response on our Hub COVID-19 Information Page We wish you all the best in the coming weeks! Johns Hopkins Student Disability Services.
SOE 2021 Services, Events, and Gatherings
SOE services, events, and gatherings
- All in-person university and third-party events, both on and off campus, are canceled through July 31, including tours, admissions events, athletics events, and alumni events.
- All university meetings and work activities, even those deemed essential, must be conducted remotely whenever possible, and no in-person meetings or activities may be held with more than 10 people (with limited exceptions, such as select types of clinical care).
- All recreation facilities and fields are closed until further notice.
- University and health system shuttles and buses continue to run on a modified scheduledue to a reduced number of riders, and additional schedule changes will take effect beginning Sunday, April 5.
Student Emergency Fund
SOE Student Suggestion Box
As we move forward as a community to address COVID-19-challenges and to plan for the Fall semester, please submit your suggestions, ideas, and/or thoughts about Fall classes. Your input is valuable and appreciated.
Director of Student Affairs
410-516-5430 (to leave a message and receive a call back)
667-208-8337 (to reach directly during business hours)
Assistant Director of Student Affairs