Now that you have decided to attend the SOE, it is time to begin preparations for your studies.
Have you set-up your JHED ID (Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory)?
If you answered yes, please proceed to the next question. If you answered no, please do the following:
- Go to myJHU: my.jh.edu
- If you don’t know your JHED ID, put your name in the search box, and on your name page, the ID is listed.
- Then click on the First Time User Tab.
- Follow the prompts to set up your password. First time users will require a social security number. International students that don’t have an SSN, please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for your 988 number.
- Once you have set up your JHED ID and password, you will always be able to login into the myJHU to access all the JHU online services.
Have you set up your JHU email account?
If you answered yes, proceed to the next question. If you answered no, please proceed to step 1.
To create your JHU Office 365 Email account:
- Log into myJHU: my.jh.edu
- You will be prompted to “Accept the Office 365 Terms of Service” in order to set up your account for use.
- Once the Terms of Service has been accepted you will see the “Office 365 Quick Link” on the left side of the page.
- Your email should now be established. It may take an hour for your “Email Alert” to be removed from your record.
- You can now access your email from myJHU (my.jh.edu) or via any mobile device.
All students will need their JHU email account for all official JHU correspondence–such as class registration, billing and other University related communications.
It’s time to complete the Online Student Orientation.
As a new student, it is important that you complete the following action items in the order they are listed:
- Register for your courses in SIS. Once you register you will be able to access the SOE Student Orientation in Blackboard.
- Register for classes in SIS Self-Service at myJHU my.jhu.edu (ONLY for the term that you have been admitted to).
- Complete the Student Orientation in order to gain access to your courses in Blackboard.
- To access the SOE Student Orientation:
- i) login to myJHU (my.jhu.edu)
- ii) then go to the Education tab in the left side menu
- iii) access Blackboard
- iv) the student orientation will be visible under the My Courses Plus tab.
- If you are unable to see the SOE Student Orientation in your course list, this indicates that you have not officially registered for courses in SIS.
- New students (EXCLUDING MS Educational Studies TFA/TNTP, Ed.D. and Ph.D.) should contact your academic adviser to discuss the courses you need to take for the first semester and to complete a program plan. Your adviser’s name and contact information is listed in your acceptance letter. You may also contact your academic program coordinator. They are listed on your program website. Visit the SOE homepage (education.jhu.edu), click on Academics, find your specific program page, and the coordinator’s will be listed in the top right hand corner of the page.
Here is a Quick Contact List for questions about services:
- Admission Changes – Email email@example.com or call 410-516-9797.
- Course Questions – Contact your adviser or academic program coordinator.
- Blackboard– Contact the 24/7 Technical Support by either completing a ticket or calling 443-872-9265. They will assist with course concerns and technical difficulties on this site.
- Financial Aid Questions – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-516-9808.
- Health Insurance Questions – Email Registration at email@example.com.
- International Student Questions – Email Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SIS Questions – Email email@example.com or call 410-516-9816.
- JHED Questions – Email SOE IT office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-516-9747. They will respond in a 24 hour period.
- JHU Email – Email SOE IT office at email@example.com or call 410-516-9747.
- Registration Questions – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-516-9816.
- Student Billing Questions (Pay Bills or Student Accounts) – Email email@example.com or call 410-516-9722.
For additional services and resources, visit Student Services.
If you have any other student resource questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-516-9734.