PAY YOUR ACCOUNT ONLINE
The fastest way for students to have their tuition payment credited to their JHU student account is to pay via SIS Self Service. Payments can be made in Self Service by using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) or an electronic check. Students must log into SIS Self Service using their Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory Logon ID (JHED ID) and password.
Students who submit an electronic check that is returned by the bank will be charged a $35 returned check fee, placed on financial hold, and may be removed from courses for which they are currently registered. Grades may be withheld, and you will be prevented from registering for future courses until payment is secured. Payments from students seeking to register may be kept and applied against prior obligations to the university.
Make Payments & View Your Account Online
Pay with a check by mail
Checks for tuition and fees should be made payable to Johns Hopkins University and include your Hopkins ID number. Payments should be mailed to:
Third Party Payer Team
Johns Hopkins University
Garland Hall, B33
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Paying by check authorizes the school to electronically debit your account. Once the transaction has been completed, the actual check will be destroyed, and checks will not be returned. If you submit a check that is returned by the bank, you will be charged a $35 returned check fee, placed on financial hold, and may be removed from courses for which you are currently registered. Grades may be withheld, and you will be prevented from registering for future courses until payment is secured. Payments from students seeking to register may be kept and applied against prior obligations to the university.
Pay with cash, check or credit card at one of our campus locations
You may submit all payment types at any school location. The university accepts four major cards: MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express. Credit card payments are not processed immediately. When you pay with a credit card, a staff member will verify that the credit card information on the payment form is complete and forward payment to the Student Accounts Office in Columbia to be processed at a later date. If you submit a credit card that is declined, you will be placed on financial hold and may be removed from courses for which you are currently registered. Grades may be withheld, and you will be prevented from registering for future courses until your account is in good standing. Payments from students seeking to register may be kept and applied against prior obligations to the university.
Campus Locations (Click link for directions to the building):
Enroll in the monthly payment plan
Students enrolled in a part-time program have the option of deferring your tuition payment by enrolling in the monthly payment plan each semester. To enroll, you should:
- Contact Nelnet/Tuition Management Systems (TMS) either by phone at 1-800-722-4867 or visit their website at https://jhusoe.afford.com/.
- Identify yourself as a Johns Hopkins University School of Education student when contacting Nelnet/Tuition Management Systems (TMS).
- Know your Hopkins ID before calling. Your Hopkins ID can be found on the SIS Self Service home page.
- Know the amount of tuition and fees to be budgeted with the payment plan.
Please be aware of the following:
- Book charges are excluded from the payment plan
- Payment plans are semester specific and cannot be used to pay past due balances from previous semesters
- Pay a nominal enrollment fee of $60 each semester
- See Payment Plan Schedule for the current payment plan
If payment has not been made in accordance with the payment schedule, Nelnet/Tuition Management Systems (TMS) has the option to terminate the agreement and assess a $50 late fee. In addition, if you are no longer eligible to participate in the payment plan, a $75 payment plan termination fee will be charged to your student account by JHU. You will not be allowed to receive any future services until your JHU student account is paid in full.
Third Party Payer
Students with third party payers—outside organizations sponsoring some or all of their tuition and fees—are required to submit documentation and complete a brief acknowledgement section in SIS Self-Service. For detailed instructions and information, see http://jhu.edu/thirdpartypayer. This website includes information on how to upload the required documentation, along with FAQs and contact information for the JHU Third Party Payer team.
- If your contract does not cover the entire cost of tuition and fees, you are required to pay the remaining balance.
- Students can choose to receive an electronic bill or enroll in the monthly payment plan to cover any additional costs for tuition and associated fees.
- If a student’s employer pays the student directly for tuition expenses, that student is required to pay tuition and fees directly to the School of Education and seek reimbursement from his/her employer. (Students can apply for financial aid, enroll in the monthly payment plan, or choose to be electronically billed.)
- AmeriCorps Education Awards are excluded from this new process at the present time.
Take advantage of JHU's tuition remission if you are a university employee
If you are a JHU employee who is participating in the JHU tuition remission benefit plan, please note the following:
- Tuition remission covers tuition costs ONLY. Fees are not covered
- Completed tuition remission applications can be submitted to the Office of Student Accounts by email at email@example.com.
- If the remission does not cover the entire cost of tuition, you are required to pay the remaining balance at the time of registration
- You can select the monthly payment plan to pay for tuition not covered by the tuition remission benefit or choose to be electronically billed.
- No remission applications will be accepted after December 15th for courses taken during the current calendar year.
If you have additional questions about tuition remission contact Student Accounts at 410-516-9722 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay via electronic billing
Billing statements are updated the second Wednesday of each month if activity has occurred. Students are required to make payment upon notification of this bill. Balances not paid by the due date will be assessed a $100 late payment fee.
To view your student account and bill, log into SIS: SIS Student Billing Login
In order to use this payment option, students must have a current JHU email address and valid JHED ID login and password. Notification of outstanding balances will be sent to your JHU email address.
Pay by wire transfer
US & International Students ONLY:
Johns Hopkins University M&T Bank One M & T Plaza Buffalo, NY 14203 Checking Account Transit/ Routing /ABA #: 022000046 Account # 970370230 Swift Code: MANTUS33INT CHIPS ABA #: 0555
US Sponsor Payments ONLY:
Johns Hopkins University M&T Bank 1 M&T Plaza Buffalo, NY 14203 Transit/routing/ABA number: 022000046 Account number: 09000522 Duns #001910777 Cage Code: 5L406
International Sponsor Payments ONLY:
Johns Hopkins University M&T Bank 1 M&T Plaza Buffalo, NY 14203 SWIFT code: MANTUS33INT CHIPS ABA number: 0555 IBAN number: N/A Account number: 09000522 Transit/routing/ABA number: 022000046