Pay Your Tuition
The fastest and most efficient way to view your student account and pay your tuition is online via SIS Self Service.
Log in to SIS Self Service using your Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory Logon ID (JHED ID) and password. Payments can be made using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) or an electronic check.
Notification of outstanding tuition balances will be sent to your JHU email account. Billing statements are emailed the second Wednesday of each month if activity has occurred since the last billing cycle. Students are required to make payment upon notification of the bill. Balances not paid by the due date will be assessed a $100 late payment fee. Paper statements are no longer mailed to students.
Please note that students who submit an electronic check that is returned by the bank will be charged a $35 returned check fee, placed on financial hold, and may be removed from courses for which they are currently registered. Grades may be withheld, and you will be prevented from registering for future courses until payment is secured. Payments from students seeking to register may be kept and applied against prior obligations to the university.
Students can update their email address by calling 1-800-GO-TO-JHU or request support through SEAM’s online form.
Ways to Pay Your Tuition
Pay by Mail
Checks for tuition and fees should be made payable to Johns Hopkins University and include your Hopkins ID number.
Payments should be mailed to:
Student Accounts Operations
Johns Hopkins University
Garland Hall, B075
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Please note that paying by check authorizes the school to electronically debit your account. Once the transaction has been completed, the actual check will be destroyed, and checks will not be returned. If you submit a check that is returned by the bank, you will be charged a $35 returned check fee, placed on financial hold, and may be removed from courses for which they are currently registered. Grades may be withheld, and you will be prevented from registering for future courses until payment is secured. Payments from students seeking to register may be kept and applied against prior obligations to the university.
Enroll in the Monthly Payment Plan
NELNET CAMPUS COMMERCE
Students enrolled in a part-time program have the option of deferring your tuition payment by enrolling in the monthly payment plan each semester. This monthly plan is available for the current semester ONLY. There is a nominal enrollment fee of $55 each semester. To enroll, you should:
- Log in to SIS Self Service
- On the billing tab, select “Summary” and then “Enroll in Nelnet Payment Plan”
You may also contact Nelnet Campus Commerce by phone at 1-800-609-8056. Be prepared to provide your Hopkins ID when speaking with an Education Payment Partner. Your Hopkins ID can be found on the SIS Self Service home page. You should also know the amount of your tuition and fees to be budgeted with the payment plan.
Please note the following:
- Book charges are excluded from the payment plan
- Payment plans are semester specific and cannot be used to pay past due balances from previous semesters
- Refunds for any overpayments to the plan will be processed after the payment plan contract has been paid in full. To avoid waiting for a refund, students can adjust their monthly payment plan if they have excess funds on their student account.
If payment has not been made in accordance with the payment schedule, Nelnet Campus Commerce has the option to terminate the agreement and assess a late fee. In addition, if you are no longer eligible to participate in the payment plan, a $75 payment plan termination fee will be charged to your student account by JHU. You will not be allowed to receive any future services until your JHU student account is paid in full.
Nelnet Monthly Payment Plan Schedule2022-2023 Academic Year
|Semester||Open Enrollment||Payment Plan Options|
|Summer 2022||Monday, April 4, 2022||3 monthly installments - June, July, and August.
Payment due date: 15th of each month
|Fall 2022||Monday, April 4, 2022||Select # of Installments:
5 months - Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec
4 months - Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec
3 months - Oct, Nov, and Dec
Payment due date: 15th of each month
|Spring 2023||Monday, October 24, 2022||Select # of Installments:
5 months - Jan, Feb, Mar, April, and May
4 months - Feb, Mar, April, and May
3 months - Mar, April, and May
Payment due date: 15th of each month
|Open enrollment ends 3 business days prior to the 15th payment due date. Contact Nelnet Campus Commerce at 1-800-609-8056 for more information.|
Use a Third-Party Payer
Third-party payers are outside organizations such as your employer that can sponsor some or all of your tuition and fees.
Use JHU's Tuition Remission Program (for University Employees)
If you are a JHU employee participating in the JHU tuition remission benefit plan, please note the following:
- Eligible faculty, staff and bargaining unit members:
- Should attach the Bright Horizons EdAssist Application Payment Processed email using SEAM’s online form for payment processing.
- Need an invoice to submit to Bright Horizons/EdAssist? Just login to your SIS self-service account and view/print your monthly statement(s) that contain the course info you need. Multiple statements can be submitted to Bright Horizons. SIS self-service log in is https://sis.jhu.edu/sswf/.
- Eligible spouse, domestic partner and dependent children should attach their JHU tuition remission benefit application using SEAM’s online form for payment processing.
- Retirees should attach their JHU tuition remission benefit application using SEAM’s online form for payment processing.
- No remission applications will be accepted from spouse/domestic partner/dependent/retiree after December 15 for courses taken during the current calendar year.
- If the remission does not cover the entire cost of tuition, you are required to pay the remaining balance at the time of registration.
- You can select the monthly payment plan to pay for tuition not covered by the tuition remission benefit or choose to be electronically billed.
- Allow 7-10 days from submission for your remission to reflect on your student account.
Pay by Wire Transfer
International students now have three ways to wire payment directly to Johns Hopkins University:
- Direct Wire Transfers
International Wire Transfers via Flywire and Convera
Johns Hopkins University contracts with both Flywire and Convera to accept payments from international students worldwide. You can easily and securely make education payments in your own currency, using local payment methods from the safety and convenience of your own home. Each company offers various payment methods, a wide range of international currency options, competitive exchange rates, and the convenience of paying through a local bank. We encourage all international students to choose one of these cost effective and efficient methods. Login to your SIS Self-Service account, go to the billing tab and select Summary. Under Payment Methods are the links for both Flywire and Convera.
Direct Wire Transfers
US & International Students:
Johns Hopkins University M&T Bank One M & T Plaza Buffalo, NY 14203 Checking Account Transit/ Routing /ABA #: 022000046 Account # 970370230 Swift Code: MANTUS33INT CHIPS ABA #: 0555
Please include the student’s ID number or other identifying information with the wire transfer. After the wire transfer is completed, please notify Student Accounts through SEAM’s online form of your payment amount and date of remittance.