On Thursday, February 17, join us online at 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m EST for virtual webinar.
Master of Science in Education- International Teaching and Global Leadership
The Master of Science in Education — International Teaching and Global Learning Cohort (ITGL) prepares international educators to become innovative education leaders, with the knowledge and skills to transform schools, systems, and other fast-changing learning environments around the world. The 33-credit cohort, which includes both core and focus area courses, provides our candidates with the opportunity to build a solid foundation of theory and practice through three semesters of coursework and continuous practical experiences. With exposure to a variety of educational experiences, candidates gain a comprehensive understanding of the different educational models employed in their focus area. This degree prepares candidates to apply their expertise effectively in their home countries.
Creative and Innovative Education
Leadership in Developing Future Talent
When promising learners are not engaged and challenged, a whole nation can lose tremendous potential. This focus area emphasizes developing effective programs and instruction for creative and innovative learners and instilling those learning skills in all students.
- Eligible candidates should have educational experience and a vision for creating innovative opportunities for all learners.
- ITGL graduates will be able to serve as a leader in the creation and development of innovative educational opportunities.
Digital Age Teaching and Learning Technology
Leadership in Educational Technology
Integrating technology into the classroom is the most highly demanded skill in education today. This focus area emphasizes Johns Hopkins expertise in creating leading-edge online tools and implementing new methods to manage educational data.
- Eligible candidates should have educational technology experience.
- ITGL graduates will be able to serve as a leader in the field of educational technology.
Leadership in Early Childhood Education
Young children learn best through structured, engaged play. This focus area emphasizes implementing evidence-based practices that bring together the latest research in neuroscience and child development to support young students.
- Eligible candidates should be an experienced teacher or have early childhood educational experience.
- ITGL graduates will be able to serve as a leader in the field of early childhood education.
Entrepreneur in Education
Leadership in Entrepreneurial Education
Promoting innovation in the paradigms, strategies, values and culture in school systems, social entrepreneurial ventures, and education companies is critical in today’s educational landscape. This focus area emphasizes preparing international entrepreneurs to be creative and innovative, with the knowledge and skills to become successful leaders in entrepreneurial education around the world.
- Eligible candidates should have educational experience and a desire to be creative and innovative in entrepreneurial education around the world.
- ITGL graduates will be able to build new venture opportunities in varied educational organizations.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
Leadership in STEM Programming and Instruction
*Effective for academic year 2022-2023
Instructional leadership in STEM education is a growing need globally. This focus area emphasizes the foundational knowledge necessary to develop and lead STEM educational efforts that support student learning and the pursuit of STEM careers.
- Eligible candidates should have content knowledge in one or more of the STEM areas.
- ITGL graduates will be able to develop and lead STEM instructional initiatives in varied educational organizations.
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
Leadership in Intercultural Language Learning
In a rapidly changing global environment, education leaders play a critical role in promoting intercultural competence and respect for all learners, their languages, and their cultures. This focus area emphasizes research-based instructional practices specifically designed to foster a caring, positive partnership, team, or community that maximizes learner engagement, learning, and achievement.
- Eligible candidates should have educational experience in teaching English as a foreign language.
- ITGL graduates will be able to serve as a leader in the evolving field of TEFL.