|Graduate Certificate – Mind, Brain, & Teaching|
|Application Deadline:||Fall 2023
August 18, 2023 (Application Completion Date)
Rolling – Applications will be accepted until one month before the start of the semester.
Completed applications received after the posted deadline will be reviewed based on program space availability.
|Online application form|
|$80.00 application fee|
|A 500-word essay discussing the reasons you wish to pursue a degree at Johns Hopkins University, focusing on your long-term goals and how your academic program will complement those goals. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses in your academic background, as well as any additional comments that will assist in evaluating your application materials. Essays should be submitted in a typed format on a separate sheet of paper.|
|Two Letters of Recommendation|
|Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended|
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees are subject to change for ensuing academic years and will be updated on the School of Education website accordingly.
Baltimore, MD 21218
What to Expect
During the program, students will:
- Apply content from courses to advance equitable educational practices and policies
- Identify areas in the learning sciences that have relevant application to teaching and learning in formal and informal learning settings
- Integrate research findings with practice-based knowledge
- Identify basic brain structure and functions
- Recognize common misconceptions about the brain and learning processes
- Interpret findings from basic and applied research studies
- Synthesize research findings and consider relevance to educational interventions.
This program is delivered in a fully online format and does not offer F-1 or J-1 visa sponsorship for international students. International students interested in applying to a program at the Johns Hopkins School of Education must follow the same application process and submit the same general application materials as their peers, along with some additional requirements.