FALL 2019 APPLICATION DEADLINES
Online application will open: September 4, 2018
Priority consideration completion/submission date: December 15, 2018
Regular deadline for online application submission: February 2, 2019
Deadline for receipt of required supporting documents: February 18, 2019
Applicants to the Ph.D. program will need the following:
- A master’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university. Previous degrees must document outstanding academic achievement in an area of study closely associated with the objectives of this Ph.D. program.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Superior scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past five years. The institutional code for JHU School of Education is 5470.
- A completed application form.
- A curriculum vitae (resume).
- Three letters of reference affirming the applicant’s qualifications for advanced graduate study and potential for professional development in the field.
- A personal statement outlining professional plans, goals, and expectations related to the Ph.D. program (not to exceed 750 words).
- Writing sample – A sample of an applicant’s most professional writing that demonstrates analytic and critical writing skills (average 10-20 pages).
- International students must fulfill the general requirements for admission and complete additional requirements which are detailed here.
Selected applicants who meet the entrance requirements will be invited to interview with the Doctoral Admissions Committee.