2017-18 Graduation Application and Eligibility
A student who expects to receive a degree or certificate must have applied for graduation by the deadlines below. All students, regardless of whether or not they plan to attend the ceremonies, need to apply in order to receive graduation approval. Complete separate applications for each degree and/or certificate.
Students who are planning to graduate must also complete all coursework on time and should not request or receive the grade of I (Incomplete) during their final semester.
Approximately one month after the semester begins, students who have submitted the application for graduation receive confirming letters from the graduation coordinator. Their names are placed on the tentative graduation list for the semester in which they anticipate completing their degree requirements.
Apply for Graduation online at https://sis.jhu.edu/sswf/
- Go to the Registration menu
- Select Program of Study Information
- Click on “Apply for Graduation” next to the program(s) that you are applying to graduate from.
Deadlines for Academic Year 2017-18
- Summer 2017 – May 26, 2017 (conferral date August 25, 2017)
- Fall 2017 – August 25, 2017 (conferral date December 29, 2017)
- Spring 2018 – January 19, 2018 (conferral date May 24, 2018)
Graduation Application Fee
Please Note: If you are applying for both a degree and certificate(s) you pay only the fee for the degree OR if you are applying for more than one certificate you pay the fee for the certificate once. This applies only to candidates applying for both a degree and certificate or more than one certificate in the same Academic Year.